Monday, February 28, 2011

A road with no direction

Roads end with signs that never make any sense.And green lights only make it HARDER to leave.So I'm stuck between stop and go.Left with these blank maps telling me to move but I'm so stuck in yesterday's LEFT that I've forgotten how to turn RIGHT in today. Fallen victim to misguided promises and melancholy love songs and the radio keeps on playing those sad songs I used to hum to myself every time you LEFT. Mr. RIGHT was never your forte anyways,and being in love was far too complicated for either of us to comprehend, so we pretended to know where we were going when really, we were lost from the very beginning.I knew I thought I left footprints so I could follow them back home,but every time I traced them they led me back to you. I have searched and searched,trying to find the "signs"you were a RIGHT that went so wrong. A relationship is a street that's not supposed to be traveled alone. All that was left in the end was heartache and loneliness, but I'm DONE walking by myself. Words keep me company enough to fill the void your voice can no longer fill. You LEFT, so I WRITE........